Sunday 3 July 2011

more letters


Today is the same sort of deal as the past couple of days- a seemingly endless stream of visitors and cakes. It’s a shame that Dad can’t eat any of it, what with his heart and all, so it’s left for us girls. But even we are struggling to get through it all. We’ve taken to packaging them up and regifting to neighbours and such.
I’m almost halfway through Anna Karenina now. I’ve managed to keep reading/writing between visitors and between dinner and bedtime. I’ve gotten into some sort of routine with it. Cool story Hazel. Yeah.
Oh well, I’d better get back to my family duties. Mum’s gone down to the shops, and those dishes aren’t going to wash themselves. Good luck back at work today.
Love you, Hazel. X.X.X.X.


Hey Hazel, [Mon 21]
Work today has been fine. I had a meeting with my supervisors down on the foreshore this morning. Dolphins were playing around the hulls of the boats and in the shallows, which was nice and peaceful. The bosses got caught up with pie-in-the-sky future stuff, so I managed to keep my current work ethic under the radar. I did manage to get through a lot of the reading I’d set for myself on Friday though, so I am getting back into the game. I did a qPCR this morning, and have a Western transferring right now. It’s all looking up work wise. I’m still feeling a little broken, but my time out yesterday certainly recharged my batteries a bit. And the knowledge that you’ll be back in a couple of days helps a whole lot. I feel like I can face another day at work now.
My timer is about to go off, so it’s back to the lab for me. Have fun with all those cakes.
Love you, Marshall XX


Good morning Marshall, [Tues 22 (morning)]
The date draws nearer! One more sleep and I’m on the plane. My plans for the day are the same as ever- look after the guests. Thankfully the stream of them is no longer continuous. More time for reading and writing for me. Speaking of which, I have utterly failed in my mission to write an actual old-fashioned letter to you. Dang. Too late now I suppose.
Right, up time. Give me a call when you wake up.
Hazel XX

No comments:

Post a Comment